What type of information do we collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, contact number, learners licence number, licence expiry date , state of issue, communications) comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile. Credit card transactions are processed securely and no card details stored.
How do we collect information?
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address, licence number, expiry date of licence .Your personal information will be used for training purposes only & is kept on our record up to 12months. your personnel details and training records are kept on our records up to 12months and are available for auditing purposes only to the Access Canberra audit department. your information is stored physically and electronically onto a memory drive.
Why do we collect such personal information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide training and assessments.
- To provide our learners with ongoing learning assistance and support;
- To be able to contact our learners and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with laws and regulations of Act road transport authority
- training and personnel information's is recorded for auditing purposes when requested by ADI AUDITORS.
General terms and conditions
Driving lessons are provided by Safe Wheelz Driving School of or by its contracted instructors. Where Safe Wheelz Driving School is the provider, these terms govern the agreement between the participant ("you") and Safe Wheelz Driving School. Where an instructor is the provider, that instructor provides the lessons within his own right, and these terms govern your agreement with the instructor. Safe Wheelz School or the instructor (as the case may be) is referred to as "we", "our" and "us" in these terms and conditions. By booking a driving lesson ("Lesson"), you accept these terms and conditions ("Terms").
These Terms may vary from time to time and will be updated on the website at www.safewhellzschool.com. You will be bound by the Terms you accept at the time of booking your lesson. If you book more than one lesson at the same time, the terms, and conditions applicable at the time of booking will apply to each lesson booked at that time.
- Lessons must be booked via one of the following channels authorised by us:
a. Safe Wheelz Driving School office on 02 62882563
b. Safe Wheelz Driving School online booking system
- Standard lesson bookings can be made up to 12 hours prior to lesson time pending instructor availability. Lesson must be paid for at the beginning of the lesson.
- Duration of lessons includes briefing and de-briefing time. Lessons commence at a pick-up point determined at the time of booking unless otherwise agree with the instructor.
- Current charges for our lessons are published on our website.
Payment / refund / cancellation
- Once payment is confirmed you will receive email confirming your lesson time, if you do not receive email confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
- All prepaid lessons are valid for 12 months and are non-refundable.
- All bookings must be paid for in full prior to the commencement of the lesson. The instructor is not obliged to provide you with a lesson if the lesson fee has not been paid in full.
- Payment can be made by credit/debit, cash, or Electronic Funds Transfer.Payment acceptance varies by booking channel and is agreed upon at the time of a booking.
- We reserve the right to offer certain lesson and package types where additional booking and refund restrictions may apply. If any additional booking or refund restrictions do apply, we will notify you at the time any offer is made.
- By booking a lesson, you warrant to us that you are 18 or more years of age or otherwise possess legal parental or guardian consent and that you are authorised and able to make payment in the manner selected by you. You also warrant to us that all information given by you to us through anybooking channel (including your name, contact and address details etc.) is correct and true.
- Costs of Recovery: The Customer shall pay the Supplier for all costs incurred by the Supplier (including costs for which the Supplier may be contingently liable) in any attempt to collect any money owed by the Customer to the Supplier under this Agreement including debt collection agent costs, repossession costs, location search costs, process server costs and solicitor costs on a solicitor/client basis.
- All cash provided to the driving instructors will be issued with a written Tax invoice at the time cash is hand to the instructor.
- A tax invoice for direct deposit can be requested from Safe Wheelz School office on 02 62882563
- If you enter into a Payment plan, credit card details will be held on record until all outstanding balance is cleared.
- If you purchase a package deal and cannot complete the required number of driving lessons in the package before passing your final drive, the cost of the driving lessons will be reverted to an individual lesson price. An administration fee of $25.00 be deducted from any refund offered by Safe Wheelz Driving School for the balance paid to the client.
- If you purchase an individual lesson and have changed your mind and seeking a refund. You must notify us with in 2hr from the time of booking through an email. Administration fee of $10 applies to all refund request received after 2 hrs.
- The refund offer will be determined at the discretion of Safe Wheelz Driving School.
Cancelation/ reschedule / No show policy
- You may cancel or reschedule your appointment without charge at any time 24 hours before your appointment.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, the following applies:
|Period of notice prior to the schedule lesson||Amount credit|
|6 hours or less including “no show”||Full fee price is charged|
|More than 6 hours but less than 24 hours||50% of the schedule lesson fee is charged|
|24 hours before scheduled appointment||No charge|
- We reserve the right to reschedule a lesson subject to the provision of reasonable notice including telephone, email or sms. We reserve the right to refuse to provide a lesson where you are unfit to operate a vehicle as reasonably determined by us/ instructor
- If you arrive late for a lesson the instructor may only be able to offer you the remaining lesson time if the instructor has another lesson after and you will be charged for the full lesson cost.
- If you are more than 20 minutes late without notifying us, we reserve the right (at instructor’s reasonable discretion) to discontinue the lesson and charge the full lesson fee.
- If you do not attend a lesson (No Show) we reserve the right to cancel the lesson and charge the full lesson fee.
Pick up and drop off
Driving lessons commence and end at the pre-determined pick-up/drop off point, determined at the time of booking the lesson. The duration of a standard driving lesson varies from 1hr up to max 2hr, including lesson briefing and de-briefing.
Provision of Lessons
- You must hold a current Australian driving licence (Class C) or equivalent overseas license and carry it with you at all times during a lesson.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or put on silent prior to entering the driving lesson.
- You must be ready to commence the lesson 5 minutes prior to the agreed time. If you do not turn up at the agreed time for your lesson, your instructor will wait 15 minutes and may at the instructor's reasonable discretion deduct this from the total lesson time. If you turn up outside these times, your instructor may in his/her reasonable discretion choose not to proceed with the lesson and in such scenario, you will be liable for the cost of the lesson.
- While every endeavour is made to commence the lesson at the scheduled time and with the scheduled instructor, no responsibility can be taken for circumstances beyond our control which may delay the start time or result in a change of instructor. If there are circumstances beyond our control which have delayed the start time of your lesson, we will offer you the full lesson time or, if that is not possible, we will offer you a lesson at another time.
- You must always comply with the instructions or directions of your instructor, before and during a lesson.
- We reserve the right to discontinue and terminate your lesson if:
a. you engage in any behaviour that your instructor determines is reckless; or
b. you fail to comply with the instructions or directions of your instructor before or during a lesson; or
c. you fail to comply with any special conditions on your license, i.e. wearing of glasses/contacts; or
d. your instructor has assessed your driving skills and competence and deems you to be unfit or unsafe to drive.
e. you do not comply with the Learner’s Code of Conduct before or during the lesson.
- If a lesson is terminated under the circumstances listed above, you will be required to pay the full cost of the terminated lesson.
- When you are deemed competent by your instructor, your instructor, may arrange for you to sit your ACT Final Drive provided full payment for your driving test is received prior to the driving test being booked.
- Your instructor will only arrange for you to sit your ACT Final Drive if they deem you competent.
Use of vehicle
- Use Of Own Vehicle: If you are driving in your own vehicle, you must
complete the first lesson with a Safe Wheelz Driving School Instructor’s
vehicle and your instructor must first assess that your vehicle is
roadworthy (basic external inspection). It is your obligation to ensure that
your vehicle complies with the following requirements:
a. The registration of your vehicle is valid and current. You acknowledge that it is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle and warrant that your vehicle is registered.
b. You hold current compulsory third party insurance and comprehensive insurance cover for your vehicle.
c. You have notified your insurance company prior to your first driving lesson in your vehicle, that your vehicle will be used by an instructor to provide driving lessons.
d. The tyres are correctly inflated, have appropriate levels of tread and are not damaged.
e. All indicators and brake lights are working.
f. Seats and seat belts are in good working order and are not damaged or twisted.
g. Any loose items in the cabin of the vehicle are stored securely.
h. The vehicle windows and interior are clean.
i. The windscreen is not cracked and shows no signs of damage.
j. The vehicle has sufficient petrol to last the course of the lesson.
- Instructor Supplied Vehicle: Driving lessons are provided in manual or automatic transmission vehicles.
- Instructor supplied vehicles may contain global positioning and monitoring systems.
- When using an instructor’s car for a practical driving test with a Government Licence Examiner and the instructor is not present in the vehicle during the driving test or if the instructor is present and you fail to follow the directions given by the instructor during the lesson, you will be responsible for the lower of the cost of repairs relating to damage caused to the insurance excess applicable, should the vehicle be damaged.
- You will always be responsible for traffic infringement notices arising while driving our Vehicle.
Fit and proper driver
- In the interests of safety of everyone, your instructor may assess your driving skills and competence at any time throughout the course of the ACT Learner Driver Log Book.
- If necessary, your instructor may refer you to another instructor or to ACT Road Users Auditors for further assessment of your driving skills.
- If at any time you are assessed as unfit or unsafe to drive during a lesson, your instructor may terminate the lesson immediately and may assume control of the vehicle.
- Because the safety of Instructors and participants is paramount, Instructors will not engage into any discussions with you regarding an unfit or unsafe driving assessment. If you wish to raise a complaint about the way in which an assessment was made, please contact the Safe Wheelz Driving School Office on 02 62882563.
Limitation of Liability, insurance
- Certain State and Commonwealth legislation, including the Consumer and Competition Act 2010, imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified except to a limited extent. These Terms do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions. Otherwise, we exclude all conditions and warranties which may be implied by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied
warranty or condition which cannot be excluded, is restricted, our option, to:
a. the re-supply of the lessons; or
b. the payment of the cost of having the lessons re-supplied.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or that is caused by
our negligence, we, our related bodies corporate and our and their officers,
employees, franchisees, contractors and agents shall not be liable for any
loss, damage or liability whatsoever which is suffered (including but not
limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or
sustained as a result of:
1. you are participating in a lesson as part of the driving lesson; or
2. your failure or refusal to follow an instruction or direction of your instructor before or during a lesson; or
3. you are being assessed by your instructor as an unfit or unsafe driver; or
4. your instructor terminating a lesson in any of the circumstances set out in section fir and proper driver; or
5. you continuing to drive after you have been assessed as unfit or unsafe to drive by your instructor; or
6. your vehicle being assessed by your instructor as being unsafe to drive and/or un-roadworthy.
- You compensate and agree to keep us and our related bodies corporate and our and their officers, employees, contractors, franchisees and agents indemnified against any loss, damage, liability, costs and expenses in connection with your breach of these terms and conditions or any other legal obligation by you.
- Neither we nor our driving instructors accept any liability whatsoever for personal property that is left in any instructor supplied vehicle, your vehicle or on our premises.
- If driving lessons take place in your own vehicle, you warrant that you are covered by compulsory third party insurance and that your vehicle is covered by comprehensive insurance.
- We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for the outcome of any driving test or assessments you take.
- This limitation of Liability clause continues to have effect after this agreement is terminated
- You acknowledge that:
- The instructor has sole discretion as to whether a lesson will commence or continue or discontinue.
- The organised lesson does not guarantee that you will acquire the necessary skills to pass any driving test.
- Driving a motor vehicle is an inherently risky activity and there is the risk of significant personal injury or damage to personal and non-property.
- We may record telephone calls received or made by us for training and quality assurance purposes.
- We do not accept any liability whatsoever for personal property that is left in a vehicle; and
- If you are not the learner, you agree that you have made the Learner aware of these acknowledgements.